Calling all Cyber Nerds to join our team working in Cybersecurity Risk Management and Assessment for NGA!!
Hunter Strategy offers an excellent opportunity to work for the National Geo-Spatial-Intelligence Agency’s Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Information Technology Services Directorate (CIO-T) in cybersecurity services protecting, preventing and defending against network cyber- attacks. As NGA seeks to procure an efficient enterprise approach in providing A&A, Risk Management, Blue Team Activities, and ISSA&O while adhering to the concepts embodied in the RMF, we seek highly motivated individuals to accomplish the following objectives of the CRMA program.
- Must be U.S Citizen
As a Junior Designated Authorizing Official Representative, the candidate will perform the following functions:
- Supports and contributes to the execution of the Risk Management Framework to authorize IT systems
- Provides information on whether information systems are operating at an acceptable level of risk to the organization
- Performs information system risk assessments based on RMF artifacts and provided recommendations for authorization decisions
- Supports information system authorization decisions by:
- - Performing risk trade-off analyses
- - Contributing to development of risk mitigation strategies and solutions
- - Assists in developing information system plan of action & milestone (POA&M)
- - Creates information system body of evidence (BOE) artifacts for review and accuracy
- Supports technical analysis and supporting information through cybersecurity risk management activities such as: categorizing an information system, proposing select security controls, implementing security controls, providing comprehensive assessments of an organizations risk posture
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Supporting presentations and, at times, presenting to clients or other decision makers to present and sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Possesses strong communication skills and the ability to support advice to clients on technical designs, implementations, and solutions to protect against cyber security attacks
- A&A (RMF) experience testing and assessing cyber security solutions
An Ideal candidate will possess 3-5 years of demonstrated work experience with established skillset required to perform the duties under CRMA program. The candidate will:
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments, assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable
Potential Candidates must have proven experience in the following:
- A&A, Risk Management
- Effective communication strategies for programs and security processes
- Continuous monitoring of systems
- Knowledge in creating and reviewing POA & Milestone.
Minimum education/certification requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology (OR)
related field or equivalent experience
Location/Worksite: This position is based out in Government’s NGA facilities in Springfield, VA.
Attention required: Please note, due to the nature of the job, we are unable to sponsor visas or review applications who are on work-visas at this time.
A little something about us:
Hunter Strategy, LLC is a HUBZone certified small business that was founded in 2014 by a group of like-minded IT professionals who have seen both the good and the bad of beltway consulting. Our company was created with the goal of helping the federal government affect positive organizational change through strategic consulting services, IT consolidation, and automation