Calling all Cyber Nerds to join our team working in Cybersecurity Risk Management and Assessment for NGA!!
Hunter Strategy offers an excellent opportunity to work for the National Geo-Spatial-Intelligence Agency’s Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Information Technology Services Directorate (CIO-T) in cybersecurity services protecting, preventing and defending against network cyber- attacks. As NGA seeks to procure an efficient enterprise approach in providing A&A, Risk Management, Blue Team Activities, and ISSA&O while adhering to the concepts embodied in the RMF, we seek highly motivated individuals to accomplish the following objectives of the CRMA program.
- Must be U.S Citizen
- IAT-III & CND Auditor
As a Vulnerability Assessment Analyst, the candidate will perform the following functions:
- Perform penetration testing of various software, web applications, and communications infrastructure to assist in hardening the client’s cyber security posture against malicious actors.
- Expertise in the phases of penetration testing. Proficiency with Kali Linux and the associated penetration testing tool suite. Experience in penetration testing simulations like Hack the Box or Capture the Flag exercises considered a plus.
- Strong understanding of networking, computer typology, application security, and web administration services preferred.
- An understanding of scripting languages (Powershell, Bash, PHP, Python, etc.) and the use of scripting languages during penetration testing.
- Active Top Secret security clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI
- Active IAT III and CSSP Auditor certifications as required by DOD 8570.01-M
- Conduct security research on the latest emerging advanced persistent threats (APTs), malware, and other security developments in order to assist in enterprise security efforts. Apply this security research into assessments.
- Perform technical writing to communicate the preparation, testing, and recommendation phases for various security tests. Work with stakeholders to remediate system vulnerabilities.
- Train team members, colleagues, and customers on the latest cyber security tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) in order to grow the skill of the firm and clients.
- Develop more efficient processes and work to automate production in order to decrease company and client costs.
- Be available to contribute to presentations to customers and stakeholders on penetration test findings and other efforts aligning with the aforementioned responsibilities.
- Bring a positive and solution oriented outlook into difficult situations.
- Ability to demonstrate managing the client relationship, presenting sensitive information to decision makers, and providing strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Understanding of advanced persistent threats (APTs)
Level Description: Senior (6-10 years)
Please note: This is a Senior level position with a requirement of 6-10 years
of demonstrated experience where the candidate will:
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments
- Plans and leads major technology assignments
- Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success
- Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments
- May supervise others
Potential Candidates must have proven experience in the following:
- Proficiency with Kali Linux and its associated penetration testing tool suite
- A&A, Risk Management
- Effective communication strategies for programs and security processes
- Understanding of Script Languages such as Powershell, Bash, PHP, Python, etc.,
- Knowledge in cybersecurity techniques, procedures and protocols
- Knowledge in Advanced persistent threats (APTs).
Minimum education/certification requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology (OR)
related field or equivalent experience
Location/Worksite: This position is based out in Government’s NGA facilities in Springfield, VA.
Attention required: Please note, due to the nature of the job, we are unable to sponsor visas or review applications who are on work-visas at this time.
A little something about us:
Hunter Strategy, LLC is a HUBZone certified small business that was founded in 2014 by a group of like-minded IT professionals who have seen both the good and the bad of beltway consulting. Our company was created with the goal of helping the federal government affect positive organizational change through strategic consulting services, IT consolidation, and automation.